Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015

My American Christmas! *-*

Hey guys!

I´m so sorry it´s been so long since I´ve updated my blog! :( There was a lot going on between Thanksgiving and now so I decided that I write more little posts instead of one looooong one! ;) I start with the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas!

The second trimester started the Tuesday after Thanksgiving! I already told you all my classes. I really like the classes - they are all interesting and pretty much easy! And less homework!! *-* Sadly, I missed the second week of the tri because I was sick :( I also had my first experience with an American doctor! :( I had a stomach ache, felt dizzy, ... so we went to the doctor after a week. He said it was virus. It eventually got better over Christmas! :) We hoped it was the last time we have to see the doctor while I´m here!!!!

Our Christmas Break started the Monday before Christmas. Kyle came home Tuesday night! It was really nice to meet him. :) Then was Christmas! *-*
We baked a lot the weekend before Christmas. We made Oreo-balls (OMG!! They are the best*-*), pretzel sticks, pretzel rings with Hershey kisses and M&Ms, Snowman-sugar-cookies,... :)

Wednesday:
We had eggbake for breakfast! :) Mom and I basically spent all day to make appetizers for the evening. We made a lot of different things: Ham and cheese sandwiches, deviled eggs, Feta/Tomato bread, different dips, roll-ups, ... Then we went to church at 4:30 And it was a candellight service - it was beautiful! We all got a candle and lit it, then they turned the light off and we sang Silent Night! :) After church we ate dinner and then opened gifts! :) I got a necklace in heart-shape with Black Hills Gold, a bracelet, a Minnesota sweatshirt, boots, mittens, American measuring cups, United States ornament, warm socks, body lotion, and magnets from mom&dad, a blouse from Kelly and headbands from Kyle!! Thank you all sooooo much!!!!! <3<3<3 ♥♥♥  From my German family I got a necklace, a bracelet, a hat, candy, and money! Daaaaaankeschön für die schönen Sachen!! ♥♥ Then we played games and went to bed! :)
Our church :)

Christmas tree with gifts! :)

Appetizers *-*

Candy!!!

I love her!! She was probably the most excited one about the gifts!! :D

My gifts wrapped! *-*

My gifts opened! ♥


Thursday:
We left at bout 9 AM and headed down to Windom to grandma and grandpa! We went to dad´s parent´s first and head lunch with his sister, her husband, and her daughter, and dad´s uncle and his wife. We had turkey and ham, potatoes, homemade stuffing,...., and Snickers salad *-* We played games all afternoon and watched a movie at night! We satyed overnight there! :)
Love having you as my family! ♥♥


Friday:
After we all showered and ate breakfast we left at about 11:30 AM and went to a big Christmas party from mom´s side. Everybody brought food so we had a buffet for lunch! We played a game that´s called "White elephant": You look for something at home you don´t like or don´t need anymore - doesn´t matter what it is - and wrap it like a gift. Then you bring it to the party. Everyone draws a number and the one with number 1 can pick one of the gifts and opens it. Then number 2 opens the next one and then you have to decide if you want your gift or want to exchange it with number ones. Number 3 can decide between the first two and so on. So the last person can choose from all the gifts and at the end when all gifts are open number 1 can choose any of the gifts! And if you open something to wear, you have to put it on. It´s really fun to play! :D I got a box with old giftcards! ^^ We played a bunch of other games. I got to know a lot of people! :)) We left late-afternoon and went to the other grandparent´s house! We opened gifts again. I got a towel, a game called "Farkel" :),an ornament,
a lipstick, candy,..... :). We had pizza for supper and then played games till 1 AM at night! :D It was really fun! :D
Kyle, Uncle John (mom´s brother), and I :)

Uncle John and grandpa&grandma (mom´s parents) :)


Saturday:
It was great-grandma´s (mom´s grandma) 100th birthday party in the afternoon! We went there sometime between 1 and 2. We had cake :) I got to know a lot of people again! :) After that, we headed home and that was pretty much the end of Christmas celebration! :)
Great-grandma and I :)


I had a really nice time experiencing the American Christmas! It was one of the best Christmases I've ever had in my life! Thanks to my American family for everything you do for me! I'm so happy to have you as my new family!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, too!! :)
The next post will be about New Year´s Eve and I hope I´ll do it this week!! :)

See ya!
An-Ka ♥♥




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen