Sonntag, 26. Oktober 2014

MEA - Trip to the Black Hills, South Dakota *-*

Hello,

2 month.......I can´t believe it.....the time runs soooo fast....!!! Ich bin jetzt schon für 2 Monate hier und es ist einfach eine wunderschöne Zeit und ich genieße es total hier mit meiner Familie, Freunden und Schule! ♥

Wir hatten vom 15.10 (Mittwoch) bis zum 17.10 schulfrei. This break is called MEA, it´s just for Minnesota. :)

I went to the Black Hills in South Dakota with my family and Hannah, another foreign exchange student from Germany in Minnesota. We left Tuesday night after my XC meet and stayed over night at my host grandparent´s house. We left there on Wednesday morning and had to drive about 7 hours to the Black Hills. We stopped on our way at a restaurant and took the first pictures.
Here is a picture of my American family and me. It was so windy and sunny-we could hardly see something.
Hannah and me riding buffalos....no THESE two were not real.

On our way to Rapid City where we stayed for the first night, we drove through the Bad Lands.

 Prairie dog - they are sooo cute. We saw hundreds of them :)


The land is amazing *-* Can you see the red stripes on the hills? So pretty!!
We met a guy who took a pic of us with the endless land in the background .... :D
The picture says everything:)



We had a wonderful first day. :)

On Thurday was my dad´s birthday. :)))) We left the hotel after breakfast and drove to Wyoming to the Devils Tower. It was awesome *-*

The Devils Tower

My family and I ♥- wonderful land and weather *-*

These people are crazy
We stayed in a hotel in Keystone for Thursday and Friday night. I felt dizzy on Thursday night and got a very bad stomach ache which hold on for the next day. :(
What was funny, was that there was another foreign exchange student from France who we know from our organization and we had breakfast in the hotel with him on Friday. :)

We  drove through Custer State Park on Friday in the morning and visited Mt. Rushmore in the afternoon. In the evening, mom, Hannah and I went shopping while dad stayed in the hotel.
Beautiful! If you look carefully you can see the faces in the back on the right side;)

Buffalos - they were so close to our car!! And THIS IS REAL!!

How small we look, haha :D - Shows how big everything is!

Pretty land*-*

Hannah and I :)

Yes-we drove through this little spot! :D

That´s where my second home is! ♥

Mt Rushmore-the faces of 4 presidents! *-*
I took sooo many pictures - too many to share them all with you guys, sorry! :(


We visited a cave on Saturday and also drove through Bear Country. This night we stayed in Mitchell.

Mt Rushmore cave:)

Bear Country:)


Aren´t they cute?!?! *-*

And dad: I ate tomatoes and lettuce on a sandwich! Remember you asked me last time :D After this we had ice-cream and I had Twix and cookie dough....I love cookie dough...!!!!*-*

On Sunday we visited the Corn Palace, but there were so many constructions.
This is made out of corn!


This was all about our amazing trip *-* *-* We had a wonderful time and wonderful weather ♥♥♥

Hope you all had great vacation and will have a good school start tomorrow! :)

Loves,
An-Ka ♥♥♥


6 Kommentare:

  1. Hello An-Ka:D
    Es freut mich voll, dass es dir dort so gut geht! :D
    Du erlebst echt eine Menge, die du auf jeden Fall genießen solltest! *-*
    Ich finde es suuuuuuuuuuper, dass du so viele Bilder gepostet hast<3
    Das sieht alles so schön aus:D
    Wenn ich mal etwas länger brauche einen Kommentar zu schreiben, liegt es daran, dass ich nicht so viel Zeit habe.. (Wir schreiben jetzt nämlich einen Haufen Klausuren und so.. :-/ )
    Aber ich werde mich bemühen, zu schreiben, bevor du wieder was neues postest.
    Ich hoffe, bald wieder was von dir zu hören! :)
    HDGGGGGGGGGDL deine ABFFIUEAE <3<3 *-*
    PS: Ich vermisse dich ganz ganz doll:-( :-*:-*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow
    Your first blog entry fully written in English! You get used to it so quickly, don't you?!
    Thanks for the wonderful report and all the pictures!
    It is so great to see you, see you happy and well together with your lovely family.
    The nature looks amazing!
    Enjoy every single day!
    Big hug my dear

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Btw, how did you take the pictures of the Bears?
    Did you get so close to them?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for all your comments <3

    The big bear was very close to us, but we were in the car and I zoomed a lot when I took the picture of the little ones... :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hallo Mäuschen,
    das hört sich doch super an...
    Schön, dass Du Dich so toll eingelebt hast.
    Toller Trip und schöne Fötos - danke, dass Du auf Kerstin gehört hast;o)
    Tomaten und Salat!!! Hut ab!!! Ich wusste es!!!
    Geniesse jeden Tag!
    Hab Dich ganz doll Lieb Dicker Knutscher

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Dear An-Ka, ♥

    I'll write this post in English because your post is in English as well (hope it's readable)...

    I hope you are doing well.

    Your host parents look really nice. It's great to her that you're feeling comfortable about being with them.

    The photos are also very nice.

    Today I met your mum. It was a bit strange to see her without you.

    I must admit that I adore you for being brave enough doing an exchange year. I'm very proud of you !
    In a certain way, you are my motivation to go to Ireland but I'm still not sure if an exchange year is the thing I really want to do.

    I'm often thinking of you and I really really miss you.

    I'm looking at your blog every day hoping for news...;-)

    Miss you,
    Hdudl ♥,
    Nele

    Let us text about skyping soon.

    ♥♥♥♥♥

    AntwortenLöschen