Sonntag, 24. Mai 2015

NYC, Philly, Washington DC, Prom, Track, Color Guard,.....

Hey guys,
I'm soo sorry that I haven't updated my blog for so long, but I'm so busy right now with everything 😅

First things first...my computer is soo slow and doesn't really work that well right now so I don't have any pictures to put in here :(

NYC, Philly, and Washington DC trip. It was a belo trip so we were all YFU exchange students. It was so cool to be with people from all over the world, share our experiences, learn about each other cultures and so much more!! :) We stayed in New Jersey from Saturday to Wednesday. We drove a bus to New York City every day. We went to the public library, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, Broadway show: The phantom of the opera, Times Square, ate a Hard Rock Cafe, Chinatown, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, 9/11 memorial, United Nations,metropolitan art museum, and many more things!! It was so interesting to see all of it!! Wednesday after breakfast we left for Philadelphia. We went to a market where they had food from all over the world. They had one German store, but it was way too expensive. :( Unfortunately, it started raining in the afternoon when we did our city tour :( we visited the famous rocky stairs, liberty bell, a church, and different monuments. For dinner we had a 'Philly cheesesteak'! Was really good! At night we drove to Washington DC. We went to the White House, monuments/memorials (Jefferson, Lincoln, MLK, Washington,...), the first White House, went shopping,...!
On Saturday we went back home! It was an awesome trip. It was really interesting to learn more about the history, and see all the things you always see on TV! :D We had a really good time and so much fun!! We all made new friendships with people from all over the world! :) 
In New York I met Paula from my VBT who happened to be in NYC with her host family at the same time!! It was really nice to see her again, even though we only had about 30 minutes with each other! ❤️

Prom!! For everyone who doesn't know what prom is: it's a dance at high schools for juniors and seniors. Most people have a date and you wear pretty dresses. My date was the foreign exchange student from India, Rahil! :) I got my dress from my sister's friend! I got my nails done a couple days before. In the morning I got my hair done. I had a side up do (oh man it would be so much easier to have pictures on here!!!!!!). It looked really pretty! :) Grandma and grandpa came up and we took some pictures. Then I went to Rahils house where we also took pictures. Here its tradition to go to the city park to take pics with your friends. Next, we went to a friends house for lunch and then back to my house for more pictures. Pictures, pictures, pictures... :) *-*  Then we went to the school for Grand March. They decorated the gym and couples walk through it, they announce your names, and you stop at gates so parents and friends can take pictures. Then we went to a ballroom where we had dinner. It was delicious. Then we danced until about 11:30, they had a fotobooth, and free bowling. It was really fun! :) then we went back to the school, changed into comfy clothes, has snacks, and they had a hypnotist! That was so funny!! :D It was one of the best days here!! :) 

Track!! I started with hurdles but after falling a few times I decided to do sprinting! I usually ran 100 or 200 meters. I really liked it and the people on my team were really nice!! It was a good season, the weather was mostly good. :) JV is already done. It feels like the season just started....we had our last meet last Tuesday. 

Color Guard!! We are part of the marching band. It's basically dancing with flags. We have practice twice a week for 3 hours and some weekend rehearsals. I really like it and my team is really nice! :) we have our first performance tomorrow for Memorial Day.

Last times...we only have two weeks of school left. It's so scary how fast the time runs! Soon it'll be the last day of school, we already had the last day of track practice, the last track meet,...last times start over again. I'm not ready for that yet! :( tomorrow it'll be 2 month until I will go back to Germany. I don't know what I'm feeling... On the one side I'm excited to see everyone again but on the other side I don't want to leave my family and friends, my life...I got so close to them. It's like leaving your home to go home.....:(:( 
But I still have two months and so many exciting things to look forward to!! So keep smiling :D

I think that is it for now even though I probably forgot half of the things that happened...
I miss you all!! 

Loves, An-Ka ❤️

2 Kommentare:

  1. ohhhh*-*
    Thank you very much:D enjoy your last time:*
    I miss you, too:(
    Love u, julia<3

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Good to hear from you and read your great and amazing report.
    My dear, please please please enjoy (the rest of) your time! It is not over... It is just a little break until you will return!
    Please do not forget, you have all options in life to be back one day!

    I hope we can meet when you switch flights in Frankfurt ... Let me know!
    Big kiss!

    AntwortenLöschen